An eventful time. Are you going to miss it? - Open Gov #25
Events | Artificial Intelligence | Anti-corruption | SDGs | Innovation
There are a lot of interesting events coming up in the next few weeks that you shouldn’t miss. We have compiled them here.
In this issue, you will find.
- 💥 Learn about feminism and anti-corruption.
- 💥 Find out how the Sustainable Development Agenda is going.
- 💥 Learn about the challenges of public innovation.
- 💥 Share your experience with IA and open data
Feminist Anti-Corruption School
Mexiro has launched the 2023 edition of the School of Feminist Anticorruption Advocacy (EIFA) for women from Latin America and the Caribbean. It is a 5-week program that seeks to expand, build and consolidate new collective knowledge for local advocacy on the anti-corruption agenda. It has a Human Rights perspective, is Feminist and Antimilitarist.
Registration is open, 100% virtual, has many resources, and is free of charge. It starts on February 27th.
✏️ I want to register for EIFA
International Seminar on Sustainable Development - 2023
From February 23-25, experts on topics related to the 2030 Agenda will meet virtually to give a global overview of the agenda in 2023. They will touch on topics ranging from food security, climate governance, human rights, gender, and education to technology and innovation.
The International Network of SDG Advocates (RIPO) organises the event. RIPO is a citizen movement that articulates efforts, actions, tools, experiences, and knowledge to promote and accompany concrete contributions fulfilling the Agenda 2030 and its 17 Sustainable Development Goals. It comprises more than 9,700 people in 39 countries with a strong presence in Latin America and the Caribbean.
💫 I want to attend the seminar
Ibero-American Week of Public Innovation
It will take place between March 1 and 4 in the Dominican Republic. Citizen Innovation organizes it in the framework of the XXVIII Ibero-American Summit of Heads of State and Government. It has a schedule focused on 5 modules following 5 challenges faced by Ibero-American public administrations to innovate:
- Institutional collaboration
- Promoting openness to change
- Having the support of public servants
- Encourage experimentation
- Redesigning bureaucratic procedures
The event will present 5 success stories and 5 solutions selected for their relation to the above themes. All of this will be made public on their website, where you can also find last year’s results, best practices, workshops and other regional events.
🗨️ I want to know more #SIP2023
Open Data to AI
Open Data Day (ODD) is back. This year its thematic focus is the move from Open Data to Artificial Intelligence. To promote this, mini-grants will be given to registered events in person anywhere in the world that are focused on this theme.
The goal of ODD 2023 is to understand the impact of open data on the development of emerging technologies, such as artificial intelligence, and how it can help solve the public problems we citizens face.
It will be on March 5, but events can go from the 4th through the 10th.
🤖 I want to register my event.
On the Radar
- 🔎 I want my data -A tool to know what companies know about you | ADC Rights (Arg)
- ⚖️ OpenFisca - A tool for debating and activating social and fiscal policies as a code | OpenFisca
- 🏗️ Opening Extractives - A global program to catalyze the availability and use of beneficial ownership data in the extractives sector | Open Ownership
- ⚒️ Innovation Tookit - A compendium of tools for innovation and public sector transformation | OPSI
- 💻 Election Observatory and Internet Courts 2023 for the protection of participatory democracies | Access Now